Up2Us Ambassador - You're busy. Your kids are busy. Sure, you can keep breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty well balanced, but what happens when those munchies come calling? The key to keeping your child's belly filled with great nutrition and not some sugar bomb or processed garbage is to keep things simple. These 5 healthy grab and go snacks do just that and work anytime of day.
1. Peanut butter and banana slices on sprouted grain bread This snack has a great balance of healthy protein, carbs and fats. Just be careful of added sugar in peanut butter. A quick scan of the ingredient label will expose that, fast. Ideally, there will be one ingredient listed: peanuts. Most commercially prepared peanut butter's also have some added salt. It's not the worst thing in the world. Just try to find a brand with as few ingredients on the label as possible.
2. Grilled Chicken Strips & Veggies Grill up a big batch of free-range organic chicken at home. Portion it out into small containers alongside a crunchy veggie, like broccoli. These few minutes of preparation can mean a few days of healthy snacking.
3. Hummus & Veggie Wraps Spread a little plain hummus on a whole or sprouted grain wrap, toss on some veggies (raw or roasted) and roll it up.
4. Baked Sweet Potato "Fries" Another delicious snack that's easy to big batch and that you'll be fighting your kids for! Slice up a few sweet potatoes into french fry size pieces. Toss with a little extra virgin olive oil and just a touch of sea salt. If you want to add a little more flavor, throw in some rosemary. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown. These are even super tasty when they're cold!
5. Fruit & Nuts Quite possibly the world’s easiest healthy snack! Keep a big jar of raw, unsalted nuts on your counter, right next to a bowl of organic fruit. Make sure there are some small containers or baggies nearby. Every morning, your kid can grab a few pieces of fruit and throw a handful of nuts into one of the bags before they head out of the house. Tons of great fiber, healthy fats and protein to keep your little one firing on all cylinders.
Up2Us Ambassador, Adam Rosante's driving mission to help others successfully live healthy and strong lives has led him to quickly become one of America’s favorite Wellness and Fitness Experts. He is a celebrity fitness trainer, #1 bestselling author of The 30 Second Body, TV personality, and creator of The People's Bootcamp and WaveShape."